We don’t need a groundhog to tell us that spring is right around the corner. As the weather starts to turn warmer, homeowners across Minnesota will be breaking out their to-do lists filled with spring cleaning chores and annual home maintenance projects.
At Anderson Exteriors, we help Twin Cities homeowners check important items off of their honey-do lists every year. In this post, we’re sharing our own list of important home maintenance chores homeowners shouldn’t overlook. Give us a call to schedule your spring home maintenance today!
Making a Plan
Just because it’s still chilly outside doesn’t mean you can’t get a jumpstart on your spring home maintenance. Start with your indoor list and scheduling home maintenance projects with local contractors.
Add these important chores to your list:
1. Air Filters: Change the air filters in your HVAC system.
2. Smoke Detectors: Check your carbon monoxide detectors and replace batteries if needed.
3. Gutters: Clear any debris from your gutters that gathered over the winter months. This helps to prevent clogs from forming that could lead to home damage. Consider scheduling a gutter inspection or updating your gutters to add a seamless gutter system.
4. Windows: Give all of your windows a thorough cleaning. While you’re washing your windows, be sure to inspect them thoroughly for signs of damage like window leaks or damaged frames. If you need to have any windows replaced, contact a replacement window contractor at Anderson Exteriors.
5. Siding: Clean your siding once a year. If you have vinyl siding, all you’ll need is mild dish liquid or laundry soap and a garden hose. Take advantage of the opportunity to look out for signs of siding damage like warping, gaps, and bubbles.
6. Roof: Winter precipitation can be hard on a roof system. Take a look around your home for signs of obvious roof damage like missing shingles or granules. Schedule a professional roof inspection to get a closer look.
Call Our Twin Cities Exterior Remodeling Contractors
What’s on your to-do list this spring? Our Anderson Exteriors home improvement contractors are eager to help you check off your list this season.
You can check out examples of our past projects on our online gallery to learn more about our contracting services. Schedule your inspection or get a free estimate by calling 763-323-0970 or by contacting us online. We can’t wait to help you get your home in shape for a beautiful summer! Give us a call today!